Bow legs correction at Ladisten Clinic is fast, minimally invasive procedure with appliance of custom made Veklich devices. The correction is not restricted to medical grounds only, it is performed for cosmetic purposes as well.
Bow legs correction does not leave big scars – within half a year small puncture – like spots would be nearly unnoticeable.
Bow legs correction solution at Ladisten:
- Minimally invasive surgery allows literally bloodless procedure with no nerve damage or major blood vessels injured.
- Perfect cosmetic effect – not only legs get straight, but no major scarring remains.
- Custom made Veklich devices assure comfort, safety and lowest possibility of bone infection, comparing to other external devices (Ilizarov i.e.) due to their architechture.
- Short rehabilitation time. The patient will need to stay 2 weeks for rehabilitation in Ladisten and may proceed rehabilitation at home. For non-severe bowing rehabilitation takes 2,5-3 months
- Apart of cosmetic outcome allows prophylaxis of deforming arthrosis as well .
Please call +3184.108.40.20654 today to know how Ladisten clinic can help you with treatment of bow legs or make an appointment online.
To see results of the treatment please visit Photo Gallery.
What is bow legs
Bow legs or genu varum is caused by number of diseases in the course of which shin- and thigh-bones are bowed. The condition often leaves people suffer from psychological and physical discomfort.
Due to uneven pressure onto the outer and inner part of knee-joints it has been proved to lead to early developed arthritis, as well as to knee pain and progressive deformation.
While legs correction at Ladisten surgeon makes the proper alignment of legs to reflect the correct bio mechanic axis to allow the pressure equally be transferred onto knee-joints. The bio mechanic axis of a leg is considered to go through the head of the thigh-bone, the middle of the knee-cap and the first span between the foot fingers. The anatomical axis of a shin runs through the biochemical one of the limb, with the tactical approaches to correcting the shape of lower extremities being based upon complex estimation of those data.