Ladisten offers knock knee / genu valgum correction and treatment by means of knock knee corrective surgery and appliance of Ilizarov-Veklich device.
Knock knees (genu valgum) correction at Ladisten includes:
- Minimally invasive surgery allows literally bloodless procedure with no nerve damage or major blood vessels injured.
- Perfect cosmetic effect – not only legs get straight, but no major scarring remains.
- Custom made Veklich devices assure comfort, safety and lowest possibility of bone infection, comparing to other external devices (Ilizarov i.e.) due to their architechture.
- Considerably short rehabilitation time. The patient need to stay 2 weeks for rehabilitation in Ladisten and may proceed rehabilitation at home. For non-severe knock-knees rehabilitation takes approx. 3 months
- Apart of cosmetic outcome allows prophylaxis of deforming arthrosis.
Micro intrusive approach we use while correction surgery, and following correction of bio mechanic axis that is present while genu valgum can cope with all levels of deformities safely and prevent the need for joint replacement in the future.
After the treatment and rehabilitation in our clinic patients are able to come to sports like running, swimming, etc - everything they got used to before correction.
Please call +318.104.22.16854 today to know how Ladisten clinic can help you with treatment of knock knees or make an appointment online.
To see results of the treatment please visit Photo Gallery.
Please review the list to see what correction of knock knees helped patients to cope with:
- Difficulties walking or exercising
- Poor self-esteem and inferiority complex due to look of knock kneed legs
- Early Arthritis of the knee due to uneven pressure
- Knee replacement prevention or postponing
About Knock Knees
In knock knees / (genu valgum) or as also called tibia valga, the lower legs are at an outward angle, such that when the knees are touching, the ankles are separated. ‘Genu’ is Latin for knee and ‘valgus’ means bent outwards. There are more terms describing the same condition. You may also hear Genu Valga, Genu Valgum, Genu Valgus, Genua Valga, Genua Valgum, Knee joint valgus deformity and knock-knees.